The mission of E-GIRLS is to provide
a safe, non-judgmental, and caring
environment where girls from the
ages of eleven through nineteen will be
empowered by developing self-respect,
communication skills and decisionmaking
skills, which will result in
their positive growth and development.
E-GIRLS will embrace all girls within
the community while striving to
prevent and/or address such issues
as emotional and physical abuse of
- To increase the girls’ sense of self-worth.
- To promote trust within the girls where they
feel comfortable sharing their innermost
thoughts and concerns.
- To let girls know that there are adults that
they can feel safe and secure with.
- To teach the girls that being beautiful is not
in what you wear, nor in how you do your
hair, but in being aware.
- To motivate girls to stay in school.
- To teach life skills; develop and improve
communication and trust with adults and
those in authority; and leadership skills.
- To teach young girls how to manage anger.
Feelings of Despair,
No Longer Have
to Be A Part of